About Our Resources
CINCH staff along with coalition partners have developed several educational modules and tools on various topics related to children's health. Whether you are looking for easy tools you can use to educate families such as our Pinch of Prevention program or links to authoritative information on children's health, you can find it here.
Please check back periodically as new resources are being added regularly.
The RevYourBev education campaign focuses on health effects of too much sugar, amount of sugar in common drinks and healthy alternatives to sugary drinks.
Get the Facts:Sugary drinks, health effects & healthy alternatives
Learning Activity Worksheets
Flavor Your Water With Fruit!
Secondhand Smoke Facts
- CDC Smoking & Tobacco Use: Secondhand Smoke
- CDC Secondhand Smoke Fact Sheet
- Secondhand Smoke, Kids & Cars Research Fact Sheet, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Health Harms from Secondhand Smoke, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Smoking Cessation: Help to 'Stay Quit'
(Click here to view and download this PDF document)
Breastfeeding Welcome Here Project
- Advocate pamphlet
- Volunteer flyer
- Volunteer training module
- Business pamphlet
- Business pamphlet (printer friendly)
- Business packet
- Optional nursing room information (for businesses)
- Breastfeeding Welcome Here Locations 2014.pdf
Jump4Life Forms and Resources
Pinch of Prevention
A Pinch of Prevention is designed especially for PTAs, churches and other community organizations serving children and families. It is a quick and easy way for a PTA president, parent or community leader to present action-oriented health and safety messages to a captive audience such as at a PTA or regular community meeting. This program is a series of modules on various health topics that each include:
- a short 5-7 min. pre-scripted PowerPoint presentation
- newsletter article
- list of resources
- handouts and flyers that you can give to meeting attendees
Click on the link under each topic to download and view these materials. For the full power point presentation with script, click on the second link .zip file.
54321 - Countdown to Family Fitness
Asthma - Take Action!
Booster Seat vs. Seat Belt
Report on the Health of Children in Hampton Roads
(Click on the picture to open the report in PDF.)